Can't find Boot Control Panel in Windows 10

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 10 via Boot Camp 6 on my Mid 2010 MacBook Pro. The trackpad doesn't work while booted in Windows 10. I've found posts that say that it should be in the Notification area in the system tray, but it's not there. Anyone know how/where to find it? Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved your post here to the correct forum.

As to your question: Did you make sure that your Mid 2010 MacBook Pro is on Apple's list as being compatible to install Windows 10? Control of the trackpad and mouse are usually found in the Boot Camp control panel application. That's assuming Windows 10 drivers from Apple have been installed.

One way to install Windows 10 on that machine is to first install Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10 from Microsoft.

And please do not double post your question. We have deleted the duplicate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.