Windows ACDSEE alternative

Reaction score
I just bought my first MacBook.

I'm (was) a Windows user and one of my favourite application was ACDSEE or XNView. Those applications have a simple function to add text (watermark) on images.

The text function is very important for me. I've downloaded ACDSEE trial but the text function is not there.

What alternatives I have on OS X?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Sylvain - welcome to the forum & congrats on your MacBook! :) That name is a 'blast from the past' for me - used ACDSee when on PCs - have been all Apple for 3 years.

Mac OS X (assume you have El Capitan?) comes w/ plenty of useful apps, many part of the operating system - one worth exploring for your query is Preview, which is the built-in image viewer and PDF reader - as to images, the app can crop, resize, add arrows & shapes, put in text (size & color adjustable), do some basic color manipulation, et al - see the attached image, one I brought into Preview, then added some text and arrows - at the top are some of the menu items that can be used for these purposes - clicking on an image should default to opening in the app.

Also, check out this LINK 1 which is a thread on Preview in this forum (I contributed a number of explanatory posts on the app); also, review this LINK 2, which is Apple's support article on Preview - good luck and let us know if these comments & links help. Dave
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 1.06.49 PM.png

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply... The sis exactly what I needed. I didn't realised Preview has all the functions I needed... There are so many cool things to discover on this MacBook :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your reply... The sis exactly what I needed. I didn't realised Preview has all the functions I needed... There are so many cool things to discover on this MacBook :)

Hello again - believe that you'll be happy using Preview - if you need more powerful imaging editing, there are other options (often at a price) - the one I have on my Mac computers is Pixelmator - some good online tutorials, but a learning curve (not as hard as PhotoShop which I used on PCs) - Dave :)

OP
S
Reaction score
I've read a bit about Pixelmator. This is a nice app but a little overkill for what I plan to do or my image editing needs :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've read a bit about Pixelmator. This is a nice app but a little overkill for what I plan to do or my image editing needs :)

Well, I must say that Preview serves my needs 90+% of the time, and easy to use, so I hope the same will be true for you - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.