Broken Right Mouse Click?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, and my right click on my mouse does not seem to be working.

This only started when I logged onto my computer this morning. It was strange because I had iBooks in the dock, which I don't usually have, and also, I had a Downloads icon in my dock too, which I also never had.

I've tried using System Preferences to change around the right click position, but nothing seems to work...

Thanks,

P.S. When I logged in, some window popped up and something like 'LoginHelper' or something like that made me type my password in, and then it went away and everything turned on normally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like you may have been using CNET for downloads and got this little parcel included. It is a Winows program so I suggest you if you can find it anywhere on your computer. Find Any File may help with this.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I would be very suspect of anything that is not a Mac dialogue requesting your login password.
As suggested download and use Find Any File to locate login helper and remove it. It may also be a good idea to download Malwarebytes and run that just in case you have picked up anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Reaction score
Did you notice anything else amiss in your profile?

iBooks was added in Mavericks (10.9) and displays on the dock on new 10.9 installs. As well the Downloads folder is a default dock object as far back as I can remember.

If your desktop has the default wallpaper, default icons, default mouse behaviors, etc., that is indicative of a corrupted/reset profile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.