Can't open Firefox 45.0.1

Reaction score
Running OSX 10.10.5 on an iMac. Unable to open Firefox 45.0.1. The icon "bounces" in the Dock, eventually stops and that's it. If I look in "Force Quit" Firefox appears. Firefox worked a few days ago but then I loaded the 45.0.1 update and it stopped functioning. I have unistalled (App Delete) and re-installed a clean copy and restarted my Mac - no change. Not clear on how to completely delete all buried library files and profiles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently own several Mac laptops and desktops, iPod Touch, and iPad.
In your /Home/Library/Applications Support/ folder is a Firefox folder. Drag it out and to your Desktop. Now try relaunching Firefox and see if that helps. I would also recommend that you use Disk Utility to repair permissions and the HDD.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
In your /Home/Library/Applications Support/ folder is a Firefox folder.
Just a tip: /Home isn't the location of your home folder, it's at /Users/<your username>/. :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you for contacting me. I performed your suggested steps - no change. I also discovered that Turbo Tax and my scanner software was behaving similarly. I bit the bullet and upgraded to El Capitan. Problems disappeared. Thanks for our time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.