Need to burn large playlist to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have 1GB of songs in an iTunes playlist. Trying to burn it onto a CD-R. Half of them are not MP3 format so I used Movavi to attempt to convert them and all the songs got cut in half. Suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why not use iTunes to convert them to MP3? Or you can download the free "Adapter.app" from here.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response. When I select the playlist, File, Create New Version, Create MP3 Version, it gives me an error saying The disk I'm attempting to use is full.
Basically, it converted 85/158 of the songs. The songs it did not convert are ones I recently purchased from iTunes.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The conversion process in iTunes does need more space as it converts audio files to MP3. Since it leaves the original file intact and creates a new file (MP3) it requires the additional space. You should be doing the conversion on your hard drive and then moving or burning the MP3s to disk. A normal CD-R is too small to hold all those files at once. If you want to do it that way, use a DVD-R.

OP
T
Reaction score
This situation is best for CD-R because of the method my friends are planning to listen to their music--in the car.

OP
T
Reaction score
I used the Adapter app and it DID NOT work. The sound is in and out constantly…apparently they are aware of the issue but it is unresolved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have 1GB of songs in an iTunes playlist. Trying to burn it onto a CD-R. Half of them are not MP3 format so I used Movavi to attempt to convert them and all the songs got cut in half. Suggestions?

Thank you for your quick response. When I select the playlist, File, Create New Version, Create MP3 Version, it gives me an error saying The disk I'm attempting to use is full.
Basically, it converted 85/158 of the songs. The songs it did not convert are ones I recently purchased from iTunes.

This situation is best for CD-R because of the method my friends are planning to listen to their music--in the car.

Hi Tallie - looking at your posts above, appears that you have a playlist w/ MP3 files (assume downloaded and/or ripped from CDs?) and also iTunes DLs which should be in Apple's AAC audio format - thus, as you state that the recently purchased iTunes songs will not convert likely relates to the format issue which has to be resolved.

The next issue is the 1 GB of songs - if this is the total of MP3 & AAC songs, then as already suggested, these will not fit on a 700-800 MB CD-R without further reducing their bit rate (which will reduce their quality) - SO, another consideration.

Finally, if your are trying to burn CD-Rs of copyrighted songs to distribute to your friends, then that is ILLEGAL, as you likely already know. Dave :)
8J3Yz.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will abort my project as I did not know.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

You can not legally share music you purchased from iTunes with your friends by burning copies to a CD and then distributing them. No more support or answers will be provided. Please read through our guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.