Apple ID

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", Late 2013
Hi guy's, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes:

How long does Apple lock your account for after too many attempts of inputting your information if you are trying to update your Apple ID??

I have spent the last 45 minutes, getting increasingly frustrated at something which should take 30 seconds at most to do!! For starters, some of the random security questions, one of which I know I never would have picked precisely because I don't know the answer, and its a stupid question to begin with, but that's beside the point!!

After getting through the security questions, the system then seems to get stuck in a loop where it says "Stronger password required"........but it doesn't give you ANY options to change or reset the password. Multiple attempts, I get stuck at the same screen before after 45 minutes of trying, the system has locked me out. I tried going to iforgot.apple.com to try and unlock the account and got the same "account locked out after too many unsuccessful attempts" message.

Is there a wait time before Apple unlocks the account to try again?

Cheers,
Fisher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Call them: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169

You will have to select your country and work your way through a couple of menus but you can schedule a call back and they will call you almost immediately. They are good that way.

I had this issue with a co-worker who had done the same thing. I had her call them. They took care of the problem and got her password reset.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.