Recover iMac Airport Password

Reaction score
I need to access WiFi on my phone (Apple 6) and we can't remember the password we set up for our iMac's internal AirPort. We do NOT have a separate box for AirPort. Where do we find the reset information? Thanks.

Brenda

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you mean you have no separate box for airport? How do you connect to the internet on your iMac?

OP
B
Reaction score
We connect directly to the cable company's router. We have an internal AirPort card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I need to access WiFi on my phone (Apple 6) and we can't remember the password we set up for our iMac's internal AirPort. We do NOT have a separate box for AirPort. Where do we find the reset information? Thanks.

Brenda

We connect directly to the cable company's router. We have an internal AirPort card.

Hi Brenda and welcome! - which cable company is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and to be clear, do you have one device that is bringing the cable signal into your home and also functioning as your router, including setting up a Wi-Fi network? If so, then you likely have a 'combo' modem/router box to handle these services. Is your iMac cabled via ethernet to this 'box' or using Wi-Fi for an internet connection? Answers to these questions will help us better understand your network.

NOW, if this ISP 'box' is setting up your Wi-Fi network, then I'm assuming there is password protection, likely WPA2 and you have forgotten the password - correct? That is when you are trying to access the internet via Wi-Fi on your phone, a password is being requested - correct? If you do not know the password, then you will have to 'Reset' the ISP box or go into its configuration program which may be accessible on your computer w/ an appropriate URL - I would suggest contacting your ISP to best figure out the best approach. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.