Adding sites to emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro Retina 13. 8GB memory, El Capitan; iPhone 6s.
Hi guys, 2 months under my belt as a switcher and I am having trouble with this mail feature.
In the old Bill days I could cntrlC and cntrlV links of web pages to emails but am having difficulty now. ( I know its command C and V ) But that does not work.
Heres the example ; I open an email and am trying to send links of website pages to someone, maybe a bbc news link; maybe a cnn link; maybe a fox link all in one email but I am doing something wrong because I seem only to be able to "share as email" one link per email. How do I stack them? How do I copy links to an email?
Thanks everyone, looking forward to your answers.
Steve.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
For purposes of this discussion I am going to assume that you want the link to be clickable when the user receives it. Here's one way to do it.
1. Copy the link using command C as you suggested.
2. Compose the body of the e-mail as usual. When you get to the point where you want the link to appear press Command K.
3. Paste the link into the box that appears and click OK.
4. Once that is done you can either space over or hit return to start a new line.
5. Copy the next link then use command K and repeat the process.

If you want the link to say something specific such as "Bob's Burgers" select that text in the e-mail andPress Command K to bring up the link dialog then add the url to the box.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Sly, that works great, it is necessary to add for anyone reading, that one should save as draft in between adding links. I like the command K because it allows an extra title posting for the link. Thank you.
Steve.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to help. I must admit I don't usually save as a draft between adding each link but it's not a bad habit to get into.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
For purposes of this discussion I am going to assume that you want the link to be clickable when the user receives it. Here's one way to do it.
1. Copy the link using command C as you suggested.
2. Compose the body of the e-mail as usual. When you get to the point where you want the link to appear press Command K.
3. Paste the link into the box that appears and click OK.
4. Once that is done you can either space over or hit return to start a new line.
5. Copy the next link then use command K and repeat the process.

If you want the link to say something specific such as "Bob's Burgers" select that text in the e-mail andPress Command K to bring up the link dialog then add the url to the box.

Sly thank you so much for that hint but the bit I was really interested in I still don't get. Can I make the link just say "Bob's Burgers" instead of the URL address? I have seen this on other peoples posts as well as emails. For example a word like "Fonts" is actually a link to a web site about "Fonts" but that is all you see.
I've always wondered how to do that.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sly.../// I don't usually save as a draft between adding each link but it's not a bad habit to get into.///
Learned this the hard way on Bill's old computers, probably not necessary on Mac :)
Steve.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sly thank you so much for that hint but the bit I was really interested in I still don't get. Can I make the link just say "Bob's Burgers" instead of the URL address? I have seen this on other peoples posts as well as emails. For example a word like "Fonts" is actually a link to a web site about "Fonts" but that is all you see.
I've always wondered how to do that.
Rod, what happens when you try to do this? I find that Mac Mail has to be set to send mail as HTML for this to work. I went into Mail and changed Preferences>Composing>Message Format to plain text. If it is set that way Mail will not send the embedded link. Instead you get a message offering to convert the message to html.

Edit: I'm on the latest El Capitan public beta but I'm pretty sure it has been the same process for the last few iterations of OS X.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.