Photo Stream help

Reaction score
My photo stream is uploading pics and I don't know where from as I've deleted all the pics from my iphone. I want to delete pics it is uploading and I am not able to. How do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
My photo stream is uploading pics and I don't know where from as I've deleted all the pics from my iphone. I want to delete pics it is uploading and I am not able to. How do I do this?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide some more information: 1) Are you also using iCloud Photo Library; 2) Are you the only one w/ the iCloud account or are you sharing w/ others; 3) How many Mac computers and iDevices share your account; and 4) Do you recognize the photos or if others are sharing your account could the images being getting uploaded from their devices? Let me stop there to let you respond - Dave

OP
W
Reaction score
Response to Photo Stream help

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide some more information: 1) Are you also using iCloud Photo Library; 2) Are you the only one w/ the iCloud account or are you sharing w/ others; 3) How many Mac computers and iDevices share your account; and 4) Do you recognize the photos or if others are sharing your account could the images being getting uploaded from their devices? Let me stop there to let you respond - Dave

Hi Dave!
Thanks for your quick reply. 1) I am not using iCloud Photo library. 2) I have never set up iCloud and so not sharing with anyone. 3) This account is shared with my Mac Book Pro, my old iphone 5S, and my new iphone 6. 4) Yes, I recognize the photos, they are all ones I took on my phone, but certain ones I deleted from my phone. Also now I would like them deleted from my computer which I deleted from the Photos and Events section in iPhoto, but for whatever reason Photostream will NOT let me delete. I select the photo and press delete or control and mouse click which in everything else but photostream brings up the trash option. However, when I do this in Photo stream they just select but will not delete or bring up the trash option. It's like my computer is not letting me delete these photos. I've never run into this problem before. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Deb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Dave!
Thanks for your quick reply. 1) I am not using iCloud Photo library. 2) I have never set up iCloud and so not sharing with anyone. 3) This account is shared with my Mac Book Pro, my old iphone 5S, and my new iphone 6. 4) Yes, I recognize the photos, they are all ones I took on my phone, but certain ones I deleted from my phone. Also now I would like them deleted from my computer which I deleted from the Photos and Events section in iPhoto, but for whatever reason Photostream will NOT let me delete. I select the photo and press delete or control and mouse click which in everything else but photostream brings up the trash option. However, when I do this in Photo stream they just select but will not delete or bring up the trash option. It's like my computer is not letting me delete these photos. I've never run into this problem before. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Deb - first, you need to have an iCloud account to even setup 'My Photo Stream' which will upload your recent photos and then download them to your other devices - check HERE for more details. Second, you can go into each of your devices and 'turn off' the feature through the iCloud settings - below is just a screen capture from my MBPro laptop - I don't use any of these photo options, so check your computer's System Preferences -> iCloud -> Photos -> Options to see if that box is checked? On your phone, go into Settings -> iCloud to see if the settings there are activated. Let us know if these suggestions help? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 11.27.55 PM.png

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi Deb - first, you need to have an iCloud account to even setup 'My Photo Stream' which will upload your recent photos and then download them to your other devices - check HERE for more details. Second, you can go into each of your devices and 'turn off' the feature through the iCloud settings - below is just a screen capture from my MBPro laptop - I don't use any of these photo options, so check your computer's System Preferences -> iCloud -> Photos -> Options to see if that box is checked? On your phone, go into Settings -> iCloud to see if the settings there are activated. Let us know if these suggestions help? Dave :)
View attachment 23960

Hi Dave,
Yes, that worked! I just turned off photo stream on my Mac Book and they are now gone! I am just leaving it off as I take lots of pics on my phone that I don't necessarily want to upload. So thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Dave,
Yes, that worked! I just turned off photo stream on my Mac Book and they are now gone! I am just leaving it off as I take lots of pics on my phone that I don't necessarily want to upload. So thanks!

Hi again Deb - glad all is OK now! :) I don't do much w/ iCloud, just too much syncing, which I do not need either. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.