Import Outlook 2010 accounts to Outlook 2016

Reaction score
I exported several accounts from Outlook 2010 as PST files. I then imported them into Outlook 2016 on an iMac.
The emails were transferred and in the correct folders under the accounts. The problem is that the new emails for all these accounts are being added to the top level inbox and are not going to the appropriate folders under each account. The business has a main account and then many smaller accounts for different agents and the emails need to go to the correct agent according to the email address. I can sort by account and it will bunch the emails into separate sections but that is still not what I want. I need the emails to go to the appropriate folders under the account so I can manage what the agents are doing. I do not want separate profiles because I do not want to close and open profiles all day. I need to see them in a file folder structure.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You likely had rules to move emails into the right folders, so re-create those rules again in Outlook 2016..

OP
R
Reaction score
I was hoping not to have to set rules.
In Outlok for PC when you add email addresses to a profile the email messages for a specific address go directly to the inbox for that address.
Is there a setting that I can change so that this happens in Outlook for Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.