• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Looking for a TV tuner for Mac with no lag for games?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
It's here for $199:

http://www.elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyetv250

Basically the same as the EyeTV 200, but smaller, runs off the USB bus, and features "Game Mode" which lets you "Connect game consoles to your Mac. The Game Mode feature operates with USB 2.0 and turns off hardware encoding for zero latency game play."

I'm using EyeTV 2 right now with a Plextor recording unit; it's nice stuff. They are working on iTunes integration so hopefully we'll be seeing recordings pop into Front Row automatically soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt o wait. its still 200 bucks goddammit.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
macAttack said:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt o wait. its still 200 bucks goddammit.

It's way cool though! My wife's iMac is hooked up to the Plextor unit for VHS to DVD conversion and occasional TV recording. It's really nice to be able to pause live TV and record live TV. Lots more fun than I thought. I'm hoping automatic iTunes integration comes soon...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.