El Capitan and printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MacInWin

What shows in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners when you click on the little "+" below the left set of boxes? If the printer is powered on and connected by USB, it should show up in a little bit and the drivers automatically are installed. So what's happening when you go there? I have noted that it takes a bit of time (a few minutes) for some printers to appear in that list.

Reaction score
I don't really understand your question, but OS X tends to download the printer drivers it needs when it needs them. That can take extra time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
I don't really understand your question, but OS X tends to download the printer drivers it needs when it needs them. That can take extra time.

I'll delete the printer and try again and wait for the printer drivers. However, when I go to the HP forum where drivers and programs are, there does not seem to be anything for my printer with the El Capitan O/S.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure why it created a new thread. Is the board acting up again? All I did was post a quick reply to fireman0174's post.

The OP started a new thread on the same subject. It was combined with his original post which should have moved your reply along with it. A glitch in the software left your reply and started a new thread instead of moving it. Let's just close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.