Is someone stealing my files behind the scenes

Reaction score
I have a doubt that something is being transferred behind the scenes. My machine was open to a local support guy for sometime. I am a musician and if I don't know if my work is stolen.

Environment: OS X 10.04 Security: Norton with latest updates.

I have scanned multiple times for any such malware and not sure if Norton can catch what I want.

Attached is a screenshot of connections that I see from Norton Firewall and I have no idea what is connecting to where, what is being transferred.

Can anyone please outline a process to get control and insight in this context?

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 3.11.59 pm.png

Reaction score
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks cradom. I use Norton full suite for Mac.

Will buy LittleSnitch. Features look I will be able to know the traffic. Would it let me see the content what is going out, and where to? And can it co-exist alongside Norton?

Thanks again.

M

MacInWin

You don't need anything from Norton, it's basically doing nothing for you, there isn't anything in OS X for Norton to find and the rest of the suite is fluff. If you are using a hardware router to connect to the internet, the router most likely (95%) has a firewall. There is also a built-in firewall in OS X, go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy to turn it on if you want. (Make sure you get FireWALL, not FILEVAULT. Two different things.) There is a school of thought that having two firewalls can create problems, but I've been running two for years with no problems. If you decide NOT to turn on the internal firewall and if you Mac is a laptop, remember to turn it on whenever you take it out and connect to a public network. LittleSnitch is pretty good, but after a while I uninstalled it because the constant notifications were annoying. Maybe it's changed now. If you are worried about your stuff being stolen why not put it in a folder and then put that in a passworded disk image? That way even if the image it somehow downloaded, it's locked. You can search in the forums here for how to do that, there was a discussion somewhere within the last 6 months or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nothing to worry about. As cradom says the outs are so tiny nothing could be taken from your 'puter. A music file would run to say 25MB or 26,000,000 or so bytes so you can see there can be no less.

And toss Nortons it does absolutely nothing for your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.