Can't swipe to gadjets screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020, 8GB, 512GB, Ventura 13.2
I just tried to swipe (with 1, 2, 3, and 4 fingers, just to be sure) to the screen with translator, clock, etc., but nothing works. NEVER MIND. Now that I've been reminded that the screen is called Dashboard, I found out how to enable it. (System Preferences > Mission Control > Dashboard

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I just tried to swipe (with 1, 2, 3, and 4 fingers, just to be sure) to the screen with translator, clock, etc., but nothing works. NEVER MIND. Now that I've been reminded that the screen is called Dashboard, I found out how to enable it. (System Preferences > Mission Control > Dashboard

Hi Johnny - let's provide some more information because I'm sure others upgrading to El Capitan may also be befuddled by the absence of Dashboard using the 3-finger sweep to the right - Apple disabled this feature as a default setting on release of its newest OS X - but as you state, go to System Preferences, and then as shown in my screen capture below, set 'Dashboard' to 'As Space' (blue arrow) - more detailed discussion HERE for those interested. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 6.31.52 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.