Different printers for different tasks

Reaction score
Hi! First, please bear with me on this one. English is not my native tongue, and I’m by no means tech-savvy O:)

I'm working for a small norwegian company selling optics (binoculars, spotting scopes etc.) through a online site, which means that we have to print address labels en masse.

While I'm using a pc, my two collegues both work on macintosh computers. I have no trouble setting up our address label printer to print only labels, and my other brother printer for other printing tasks, but my two workmates have (seemingly) no way to configure their macs to assign and save different printers for different tasks. This is a major hassle as they currently no other option than to choose the desired printer and format manually every time they want to switch to printing something else.

Am I wrong or correct in this assumption? :Smirk:

Thanks in advance!

/Joe

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
To start…we need to know:

- What model printer/printers you have?
- Exact model Macintosh computers we are talking about?
- What Mac OS X version each of these Mac's is running?

Thanks,

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Does the formatting remain consistent? In other words, the formatting for the labels remains the same and the formatting for other tasks remains the same?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Hi again, and thanks for the replies so far. You guys are quick :)

The formatting on the macs jumps back to the standard preset every time we change printer. I.e. if I switch from printing invoices to printing labels on one of the macs, we're forced to choose the correct format after choosing the correct printer. There is seemingly no way for the mac software to "remember" or save neither formats or hardware for different tasks/programs. The dream scenario of course would be to have the QL-1060 (read below), printing automatically when printing through our label program, and to assign the multipurpose printer for other tasks.

Hardware:

- MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz with Intel Core i7-processor, both with OS X ver. 10.9.5

- Brother DCP-8110DN (for multipurpose use)

- Brother QL-1060ON for labels.

Again, thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Joe, I think you could teach some of our native English speakers a thing or two about writing clearly. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Dems fighin werds werr I cum fromm!;) lol

3de7e195091ceef4eaba1973a2545366.jpeg

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.