Accessing Photos from Safari / Chrome

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone help my frustrated wife, no not like that ?

She has an iMac running El Capitan, all her photographs are stored within Photos. She is an avid weather watcher and occasionally uploads photos to the BBC, today, when she tried to upload a photograph online by using the BBC's webpage she was unable to access Photos, the icon was greyed out and the only way would have been to export the picture she wanted to upload to the desk top and then upload it, a bit of a faf.

She assures me that she was able to access Photos from the BBC page before. I tried everything I can think of but no joy, as with most of our OS X problems it's probably something simple that my ageing brain has missed!

This time she got round the problem by using her iPad, worked seamlessly, so it must be possible?

Thanks

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Not had that problem with external sites (I upload a lot to Guardian Witness) but have to drag images to the desktop when I want to import them into Photoshop Elements and some other photo editing apps. Didn't happen before El Capitan.

C

chas_m

If you'll provide us a link by which we can test this, I'd be happy to see if I can do it.

Might simply be time to run some maintenance like OnyX.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi Chas_m,

The link to weather watchers is : www.bbc.co.uk/weatherwatchers

You have to set up an account to use it though then you can upload weather data including photographs.

Be interested to know how you get on.

Badshoehabit, pretty sure she has uploaded to the BBC after we upgraded to El Capitan, so don't think the upgrade to El Capitan is the issue, but I'll check her upload logs.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.