Am I better off taking the battery out when running on main?

D

donfanatico

Hi guys,

I have oredered myself a new iBook. My first mac ever, hurray!!! :cool:

Now, know from other laptops that there is a ceratin amount of charging cycles a battery can handle...

Is it therefore wise to take the battery out as I will be running the laptop mostly on the mains?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It is not going to make any great difference if you take the battery out or not.
I would just say to leave it in.

OP
D

donfanatico

Sorry, I am new to this forum (added to favorite already+Mac on it's way in the post) and want to inrtoduce myself.

Been using Windows for 15+ years (working as an IT professional) but I need a new challenge as I know windows inside out. Had a dabble in linux befor ebut not to any profescional standard.

BIG Tone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
The number of cycles isn't going to vary when the battery is in and the laptop is plugged into the wall. At that point, the battery shouldn't be charging anymore. Assuming that the device is designed this way (I can't see ANY reason why it wouldn't be...), it's not going to affect the number of cycles.

Read all about Li-Ion batteries here: http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm

Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.