email viewing and printing font differences

Reaction score
ok - before i throw this thing out of the window, I'm having one last try at fixing this.
The mail app on my MBP connects to my service provider (they use an exchange server). No issues there. Mail comes and goes without problem.
On screen, the font of messages (set at the original default settings size of 14) is clear and readable. However, and here is my frustration, as soon as I print the font becomes so small as to be almost unusable. I print to an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. I have checked all the settings i can think of: paper size, auto scaling, I have up'ed and down'ed the font sizes from within Mail Preferences. I do not want to have my email looking as if it is used by a three-year old with fonts so large on screen it can be read across the street, but unless I do that the printed output is waaaay too small.
Anyone any thoughts?
Using MBP 2015, El Capitan, default mail app to Exchange Server,
Yours, dangling by a thread,
Simon

Update: I checked the drivers - apparently there is a new driver for this printer to support (I assume) the El Capitan OS update. Installed that and everything (for now) seems fine. Updating for any other user having similar issues.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for posting the answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.