word prediction

Reaction score
I would like to know how to find the word prediction on my Mac. I have a MacBook Pro and it continually inserts two words when I am trying to type. They are not correct and I have to go back to fix them every time. I would just like to delete those two predictions from my computer's dictionary. Any ideas?

C

chas_m

I'm not aware of any way to edit the prediction dictionary. It's based on your spelling, and one of the "predictions" (on the far left) is your own spelling (I have this problem all the time with my name, Chas ... so you can just click that far left option to retain the spelling as you like it, even if you're actually misspelling the word (which people sometimes do on purpose).

You can also, of course, turn off the predictive feature entirely if you prefer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You might want to have a look in your System Preferences -> Keyboard -> select Text tab and make sure you don't have some "auto replacement" setup for what you're typing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.