Lacie Porsche Mobile Drive 1TB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.5
I'm looking to buy a Lacie Porche design 1TB hard drive to save photos, music, and movies to view on my new MacBook Pro. However some of the movies and photos I want to save are on my Dell Windows based PC (which is not working so well, which is why I went with Apple). Anyone know if I can save movies and photos that are Windows Based on a Lacie Hard Drive and than view them on the MacPro? The Lacie is a 3.0 USB. Thank You! And this is my first post so I hope it is OK.

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum. What is important is NOT what machine, but what format the movies and photos are in. What are the extents? (The .xxx after the file name.) That will tell you if they will need any massaging to play on your MBP. Getting them there is another topic, but we can cover that later on.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.5
Thank you. I am reviewing the format for the videos and photos. Your feedback helps me get started.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2015 i7 quad-core 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD / El Capitan
AFAIK, LaCie drives are exFAT formatted, so they can be used by both Mac and Windows (read and write).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.