Apps on a Mac

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can anyone advise me on how to put a game on a Mac. Many thanks.:Confused:

What do you mean by "put a game on a Mac"?

Do you mean install a game?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Can anyone advise me on how to put a game on a Mac. Many thanks.:Confused:

Hi Maggie.... - as Nick has asked, what are you trying to do? What OS X is installed on your computer? What is the game and is it available in the App store? Or is this a game not in the App store and/or on another platform, such as Windows? Be specific - Dave :)

C

chas_m

My guess (and that's all we can do) is that maggie1956 wants to add a game that she plays on an iOS device to her Mac.

The answer if that is the case is that you must check with the developer or Mac App Store to see if a Mac version of the game is available. Native iOS apps don't work on OS X.

OP
M
Reaction score
Games on a Mac

What do you mean by "put a game on a Mac"?

Do you mean install a game?

- Nick

Yes I want to install Rummy from the AppStore, I have it on my phone and you can download onto an iPad but no instructions on how to get onto a Mac. Sorry if this is silly but I just don't know how to do it. Many thanks for getting back to me. It's appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes I want to install Rummy from the AppStore, I have it on my phone and you can download onto an iPad but no instructions on how to get onto a Mac. Sorry if this is silly but I just don't know how to do it. Many thanks for getting back to me. It's appreciated.

As member chas_m correctly guessed. You need to find a Mac OS X version of Rummy to install on your Mac. Apps for iPhones & iPads (iOS apps)…do not run on Apple computers (need Mac OS X version of apps).

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Hi again Maggie.... - keep in mind that the operating systems on iDevices and Macs are different, i.e. iOS vs. OS X; thus app developers may offer versions for only one platform, so your 'Rummy' game may work just on iOS w/o an OS X offering? I went to the App store on my MBPro (on El Capitan) and searched on 'Rummy' w/ the hits shown below - do any of these 'match' your iOS game? If not you will need to check the game's website to see if there is an OS X version. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 9.53.16 AM.png

M

MacInWin

To look for games on your Mac, click on the Apple icon upper left, then on App Store... You will be taken to the Mac App Store, sometimes abbreviated MAS, where you can search for games that run on the Mac. Most of the time the games there are NOT the exact games on your IOS device (iPhone, iPad).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.