I have a question about making a custom blank calendar.

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to print a blank monthly calendar for my wife. I need to do this in the A5 size but I don't see how I can enlarge the fonts enough or change the colors. I also want to center the month and year across the top. Is there a template/APP for this for the MAC or is the MAC already capable of doing this? I can print one that has the month and year to the upper left and the days and numbers for each day are extremely small and not readable for us older folks.

Thanks,

Steve

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello,

My wife needs a years worth of monthly calendars for her arts and craft calendar display. The size is A5. I need to be able to move the month and year to the center of the top of the page and make the days and dates large enough for us both to read. I would also like to print the calendar in green. I am able to print a blank calendar in the A5 size but the month/year is left justified at the top and the day/dates are small. I also didn't see an option to change the color. Am I missing something? Is there an APP or template available for the MAC that will let me do what I want to do?

Thanks,

Steve

M

MacInWin

You didn't tell us what version OS X or what calendaring software you are using. If you are using Calendar in OS X, I don't think you can format the output. However, you could direct the output print to a PDF file, then use Preview edit tools to modify it. I don't know how well that will work, but it's worth a try. Also, if you have any other PDF editor, you could try that as well.

On another note, App or app is all you need (not all caps), and Mac is Mac, not MAC. MAC is an abbreviation with other meanings, while Mac is the abbreviation for Macintosh, which is what the machine is named.

OP
S
Reaction score
You didn't tell us what version OS X or what calendaring software you are using. If you are using Calendar in OS X, I don't think you can format the output. However, you could direct the output print to a PDF file, then use Preview edit tools to modify it. I don't know how well that will work, but it's worth a try. Also, if you have any other PDF editor, you could try that as well.

On another note, App or app is all you need (not all caps), and Mac is Mac, not MAC. MAC is an abbreviation with other meanings, while Mac is the abbreviation for Macintosh, which is what the machine is named.

Thanks for the reply. It is OS X (El Capitan). I am using Calendar. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the heads up on the abbreviations also.

*** I just tried that and it didn't work. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to have to help us out here. What program are you using to print the calendar or are you using the built in calendar app from OS X? Also include some specs: Your Mac year and model and version of OS X you're running?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Steve V.

You can see the confusion here caused by your double post. Your first post was moderated and you were told it was waiting for moderator approval which is why it did not appear. Please wait for moderator approval before posting again. Thanks.

OP
S
Reaction score
@Steve V.

You can see the confusion here caused by your double post. Your first post was moderated and you were told it was waiting for moderator approval which is why it did not appear. Please wait for moderator approval before posting again. Thanks.

I'll do that. I didn't see the part that let me know it needed moderator approval. Sorry.

I have a brand new iMac running OS X 10.11.2 and am using the standard calendar program that comes with it (version 8.0).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll do that. I didn't see the part that let me know it needed moderator approval. Sorry.

I have a brand new iMac running OS X 10.11.2 and am using the standard calendar program that comes with it (version 8.0).

Since you have a brand new iMac, that means you're entitled to a free download of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote (Apple programs) from the Mac App Store. Pages (word processor and layout program) has several nice templates for a calendar. I recommend using the Pages program which will allow you to increase the font and do many more things. Give that a try and let us know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Where are the calendar templates, chscag? I've got Pages v5.6.1 and can't see them.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where are the calendar templates, chscag? I've got Pages v5.6.1 and can't see them.

Check the Mac App Store. There are several free downloads that include a number of calendar templates for Pages. Here's one: "Document Templates for Pages Lite" a free download from the MAS. (None are included with the program.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
OK, thanks. Thought you meant within Pages itself.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, thanks. Thought you meant within Pages itself.

I may have misled you a bit there also... Actually, I should have told the OP that the calendar templates were located in "Numbers" not Pages. Although there are calendar templates for Pages, I find that they are not very configurable as those in Numbers. I recently downloaded some additional free calendar templates for Numbers from this site if you're interested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.