Can I install windows xp home edition on my mac el capitan 10.11.2

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first try on this forum. I have tried the mentioned task with the boot camp assistant, but it seems to me that only windows 7 or later is possible.

M

MacInWin

You should probably investigate Parallels or VMWare to see if they support WinXP any more. I think they do, but I don't have WinXP anymore either, so I don't know for sure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hello, this is my first try on this forum. I have tried the mentioned task with the boot camp assistant, but it seems to me that only windows 7 or later is possible.

The earliest version of Windows which can be installed using Boot Camp is Windows 7 and that too depends on which Mac you have. As member MacInWin mentioned, you may be able to install WinXP using virtual software. You would have to check Parallels and Fusion to see if XP is supported, however, it is supported in the free VirtualBox from Oracle.

C

chas_m

Be aware that Windows XP is REALLY SUPER NOT SECURE as it has been a long time since any security updates AFAIK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.