Power pads on an A1278 2010 Macbook Pro motherboard

Reaction score
Trace the ones coming from the battery/power connection, depending on which you want.
What are you trying to do?

OP
K
Reaction score
trying to start the laptop

Trace the ones coming from the battery/power connection, depending on which you want.
What are you trying to do?

I'm trying to start my laptop and retrieve some data... the normal on/off button is not doing anything and I've heard/read that one can short the 2 power pads to start it.

I'm just afraid of doing something wrong... can you edit the pic I submitted to show the power pads?

Reaction score
Uh, no. I've never had a Pro. Depends on if the power switch is on the board or not. Usually a membrane switch.
I don't recommend this but, find the switch. If it's directly on the board, look on the opposite side of the board from the switch.
Should be two pads. If it's not directly on the board, follow the wires to the board. Where they connect will be pads.
Again, not recommended. If you don't know what you're doing you can get hurt. Like in ZAP hurt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.