Black screen before boot Win7 BOOTCAMP

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have MacBook Pro (15", late 2008) OS X El Capitan 10.11.2. Boot Camp 6.0.0. SSD 250GB Samsung EVO and HDD 500GB Samsung.

I recently bought new SSD and oticalbay for 500 GB HDD. I installed OS X without some promblems and after I wanna install WIN7 via BOOT CAMP. First step I created USB Disk WININSTALL and second step I separate SSD to two partitions. After MB has been to restart and boot WIN7 install. When I formatted BOOT CAMP partition and wanted to instal WIN I had some issues, bocouse I had more than 4 partitions. So I unconnected optically HDD from motherboard and try it again, but I have issue, when i restart MB, i have 10s classical white screen and after MB doesn't boot WIN and goes to black screen.

Thanks for information and sorry for my english! :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Before you actually do anything else let someone else with more experience in this area chines in but here are a few observations from. I have that same machine and also replaced the hard drive with an SSD and moved an old hard drive to the optical drive bay. FWIW here are my thoughts/observations:
1. When you partitioned the drive did you create the partition the drive yourself or use Boot Camp to do it? I don't think our member have had success creating the partition themselves. It's generally best to let the Boot Camp utility handle things.
2. If you are using the current version of the Boot Camp utility I don't think it supports Windows 7 anymore. Since Windows 10 went live I think you have to have Windows 8 or higher.
3. Windows 7 won't install from an external DVD drive because it knows that this machine originally had a DVD drive. I've read that it is possible to create a thumb drive using the Win CD and a couple of tools. Sometimes this process borks up royally. Could that have happened here?

BTW unless you are running something that needs Win 7 under Boot Camp (such as some games) it runs fine in a virtual machine that Mac.

Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
Result= I have to put the original DVD machine back into mac and after win was boot. Thanx for answer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.