problem with dyld library

Reaction score
hello. when i try to run a certain app on my mac, i get this error:

Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK
  Referenced from: /Volumes/disk/Current/./Current.app/Contents/MacOS/Current
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Volumes/disk/Current/./Current.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK: code signature invalid for '/Volumes/disk/Current/./Current.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK'

/Volumes/disk/Current/Current.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK: code signature invalid for '/Volumes/disk/Current/Current.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK'

Trace/BPT trap: 5

any help?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What app?

You appear to be running it from a disk image - is there a particular reason why?

OP
A
Reaction score
the app is called Current as shown on the error code. i'm not running from a disk image, why you say that?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
i'm not running from a disk image, why you say that?
Because the app is running out of /Volumes which means that it's running from a directory that has been mounted (so, disk image, optical drive, external disk, etc.).

Is this the Facebook messaging app? If so, where did you get it from?

OP
A
Reaction score
i'm running out of space on main volume, so i move new programs to my second disk.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's probably the reason. What I think is happening is that the app is looking for a file, assuming you're running it off of the primary drive and thus, it isn't looking outside of the disk that it's located on. Try installing it to your primary drive and see if that works.

C

chas_m

Then you probably are running it off the installer, as Van guessed. Screenshots sure would be useful at this point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.