Importing Outlook Contacts after a re-install on a Mac

Reaction score
I had a corrupt email message in Outlook that wouldn't download and was stuck on the server. In attempting to fix the problem, my provider determined that the entire Outlook application was corrupt and needed to be reinstalled. Outlook has now been reinstalled on my Mac and I need to import my Contacts. I have three choices: import the Outlook .pst file; import the Outlook .olm file; or import the "Outlook Data Already on the Mac." Which option do I choose? What I DON'T want to do is bring back the corrupt email message that was causing problems before the reinstall.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to understand what each of those are for prior to choosing.

The *.PST file is your personal storage folder

The *.OLM file contains your email messages

The third choice you gave is assuming that all your Outlook data such as contacts, etc. would be imported.

I would advise you to access the Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on each and Outlook in general first before doing anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.