Writing Cookies

R

RobDreugan

I'm wondering if anyone on here is able to write cookies?

What I'm trying to do is:
1. Someone Clicks on a video link, and a javascript sized window appears, then inside are the icons for Real Player, Windows media Player, and QT.
2. They choose one, and that setting is saved on their system for the life of that cookie, so that each time they click on a new movie to watch they don't have to choose their player again.

Anyway, I'd be appreciative if anyone knew how to do this.

I know very small amounts of js, and while I've found some documentation on cookies, I really don't know enough from examples and the small bits I know to write this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You're going to need it using either javascript of a different server side scripting language, like PHP, Perl etc.

That documentation is going to be your best bet in doing it. Us writing it is the exact same thing.. documentation and you'll have to configure it to your needs.

OP
R

RobDreugan

Murlyn said:
You're going to need it using either javascript of a different server side scripting language, like PHP, Perl etc.

That documentation is going to be your best bet in doing it. Us writing it is the exact same thing.. documentation and you'll have to configure it to your needs.

Well javascript is probably going to be the easiest way to go.

I'm not 100% what you mean when you say, Us writing it etc...if you mean that you'll write it for me, that'd be great. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Take a look here:

tp://members.ozemail.com.au/~dcrombie/cookie.html (outdated link removed)

Basically I was saying there is so much on the net there is no need for us to write it for you :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.