Help with changing Apple Id password over multiple devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 4.1 /10.13.6 Mini 7.1/ 12.7 MBP 11.4 /11.7.10 MB Air 6.2/ !0.15.7
I haven’t done it yet. So before I made a mistake I thought I ask;
Best way to safely change Apple ID password so all my devices can access the iTunes account and iCloud etc.? That would be One Mac Mini, Two MacBooks and one iPhone Just don’t want to screw up the process. Some say sign out first before changing the password. Or is it correct to change it first on one Mac then sign in the App store, iTunes, iCloud, with the old password then update it there with the other devices. All are using newest OS updates iOS9 and OS X 10.11
Thanks for helping the confused
Paul

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
OneWonders
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 4.1 /10.13.6 Mini 7.1/ 12.7 MBP 11.4 /11.7.10 MB Air 6.2/ !0.15.7
Thanks for the reply, Ian The OSX Daily link is about changing the Apple ID I was wanting just changing password. The other link didn't work. Like I stated I understand how to change it on one Mac but i but right now, I wanted to make sure everything else that's using that ID would continue to still work. I have been searching all over the web here today for a while. And Still don't have a clear idea of how do this smoothly. Apparently the icloud change is different than iTunes change. For iCloud it's seem it's proper to delete the account first and then sign in with a new password? Not sure about that. When I change it on the first Mac do I login with the other Macs to iTunes and app store with the new one or the old one. Hey sorry to be so dense here. I'll figure it out. Or wait till it's not so critical that everything keep working for everybody using them.
Thanks Again though
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", OS 10.11.6, 2.7 GHz, Intel Core i5, 12 GB, 1333 MHz, DDR3; iPhone 6, 16 GB, iPad mini
I recently changed my Apple password. After signing out and signing back in with my new password my devices and my Mac don't always communicate. For example, "Messages" synch on my devices but not on my Mac, "Calendars" on my Mac synchronize with my iPhone but not on my iPad, "Notes" do synchronize between my Mac and both devices. How do I fix this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Sign out of iCloud on each device individually and then sign back in to iCloud. Should sync everything you select to sync.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.