No visual when playing movies

Reaction score
I have downloaded several movies from a hard drive, most of the them will only play audio and not visual using MplayerX. Any ideas?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have downloaded several movies from a hard drive, most of the them will only play audio and not visual using MplayerX. Any ideas?
Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) For your first post, you have provided scant information to even offer a guess, so please help us first: 1) What computer are you using (model/year); 2) What OS X is installed (I'm assuming you have a Mac); 3) What is the movie format(s) and are these 'legal' copies; and 4) Have you check the MPlayerX Blog (there is a 1.1.0 version now) for a potential solution?

Now, I do not use that app so cannot speak from personal experience, but answers to these questions may help others better respond. Dave

C

chas_m

Also might want to try VLC (a free download and alternative video player). Also, MplayerX seems to be version 1.1.1 for me.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) For your first post, you have provided scant information to even offer a guess, so please help us first: 1) What computer are you using (model/year); 2) What OS X is installed (I'm assuming you have a Mac); 3) What is the movie format(s) and are these 'legal' copies; and 4) Have you check the MPlayerX Blog (there is a 1.1.0 version now) for a potential solution?

Now, I do not use that app so cannot speak from personal experience, but answers to these questions may help others better respond. Dave

Thank you. Yes I have a MacBook Pro. I have just downloaded Vlc player and all are working fine now for all movies (legal of course).
Thank you for your help.x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thank you. Yes I have a MacBook Pro. I have just downloaded Vlc player and all are working fine now for all movies (legal of course).
Thank you for your help.x

Congrats w/ Chas_m's suggestion - glad that all is well & legal! ;) Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.