• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Video camara download problems Plz Help

T

treeman

i have about 15 hours of round the world video footage i want to edit into a DVD. When i plug in the USB or fire wire connection into my new G5 nothing happens. I emailed panasonic (camcorder people) they said it should all happen, and no additional software was available from them...

can anyone help me get the footage onto the computer?

cheers
treeman :dive:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is what I do with my Canon camera. Plug the camera in to firewire ports. Then turn your camera on in VCR mode. Assuming that you are going to use iMovie to edit your movie data, start (run) the application. Once the iMovie application comes up it should see the camera and place you into input mode. Select the imput button and your camera should start playing your video. Note the down load is real time, so if the video is two hours, then it will take two hours to down load.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.