Translate old files to readable format on PC

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who can help me translate old mac files (Pagemaker 5 and 6.5, Versacad, Photoshop) to a format readable on a PC? Would i have to use a current Mac computer? Must get these files translated!! Thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is there anyone out there who can help me translate old mac files (Pagemaker 5 and 6.5, Versacad, Photoshop) to a format readable on a PC?

What apps are you currently using to "translate" or import these old Mac files?

- Nick

C

chas_m

Photoshop (modern) should be able to read the old PS files. Really should have saved those in a standard format like TIFF.

InDesign (modern) MIGHT be able to read the old Pagemaker files. You really should have done these translations oh, like a decade ago.

VersaCAD: I'm not versed enough to offer any solid advice, but if they were saved in the standard formats (DWG etc), other CAD programs should be able to open them.

Good luck!

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! As of now i don't have any way to do this. What apps or software do i need?

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, i was not in the position to update these a decade ago. Wish i had been!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7/32G Ram Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, iPhone 6
what is the VersaCad extension on your files?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.