El Capitan

Reaction score
OK I know I messed up. Loaded parellels and messed up so decided to go back to factory defaults. Followed instructions on Apple. When I boot in to Mac, the hard drive is not showing. The drive containing the presumably back up is showing and saysit is locked - Apple is closed today. Any suggestions. I just can't find the darn drive.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Is your Mac booted from the drive while you can't find it? If so, go to Finder>Preferences. Then in the General tab make sure the hard drive option is checked.

OP
E
Reaction score
Is your Mac booted from the drive while you can't find it? If so, go to Finder>Preferences. Then in the General tab make sure the hard drive option is checked.

I can't get in the computer at all. When I see the disk utility etc there is no hard drive showing except the one that contains the backup. I believe the partitiion has done a bunk.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How are you getting into Disk Utility? You booting from the recovery partition or a flash drive?

OP
E
Reaction score
Command D or Command R
I have tried every single command that Apple has to offer. It takes me to the disk utility but the hardrive does not show up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.