Pics not uploading from Coolpix camera using USB cable to Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hello - All of a sudden pics on my Coolpix camera won't upload to my Macbook Pro. I use a USB cable and have never had a problem until today. Anyone else experience this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Have you tried another cable? They can go bad.

Lisa

C

chas_m

If your MacBook (you provide NO clue as to what model this is) has a camera card slot in it, who cares? Take the card out, use the slot. Done.

OP
M
Reaction score
It's a new Macbook Pro 13". I see a slot like that on the side, so I will give your suggestion a shot. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
It's a new Macbook Pro 13". I see a slot like that on the side, so I will give your suggestion a shot. Thanks

Hello - I agree w/ the suggestion above - I've have several digital cameras using SD cards for storage (and have owned several more) - I always simply remove the SD card and insert into my laptop (previously Dell, now MBPro) - the software and cables that come w/ these cameras can be 'flaky' and not always reliable.

Also, if you're in the market for a new camera, Wi-Fi is also an option - my newest Panasonic Lumix has the wireless feature and sends my pics to my iPad via a Panasonic app; finally, SD cards w/ built-in Wi-Fi (called EyeFi) is yet another choice. Dave :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Finally figured out what the problem was. IPhoto was asking for updates. However, everytime I tried to update I was getting an error code. So I called Apple Support and they helped me update from Yosemite to El Capitan which resolved the issue, updates and all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Finally figured out what the problem was. IPhoto was asking for updates. However, everytime I tried to update I was getting an error code. So I called Apple Support and they helped me update from Yosemite to El Capitan which resolved the issue, updates and all.

Thanks for the follow-up, but still try just using your storage card to determine your preference - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.