Transferring Photos

Reaction score
I'm reinstalling my system, and having transferred my 200,000 + photos from the backup drive from which they now seem to have disappeared, there are some 2,000 that can't be imported. OK, I can deal with that. But the dreaded ball is rolling forever. Can I use force quit, or will that mean I lose everything?

M

MacInWin

Ok, that was a very confusing post. Where did you transfer the 200K photos TO, and did you COPY them or MOVE them? And what application did you use to do this transfer. Leave it running until the ball stops rolling or you stand a choice of losing everything, unless and until we know what you were doing. More details plus (Mac type, OS X version, applications, any messages, etc, etc, etc.)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you do the transfer? Copy or move? Move is a dangerous action and should never be used unless you have another backup. Leave things alone and wait it out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Ballinleague:

You started 3 threads with the same subject and all in the wrong forum. Please confine your question to one thread and in the correct forum. We had to delete and merge your other threads so some replies have been lost. You can continue the thread here and request further help if you need it. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.