Applescript for Excel trouble

Reaction score
I have an Excel file that was output from FileMaker. It has 715 rows and 7 columns. I'm new to Applescript. I'd like to write a script that will to through the rows of the first column and if it finds data, duplicates the row and then removes all the info in the last 7 columns from the row. In other words, if there is the word "Text" in the first column, it would duplicate that row and delete the info in the last six columns. I would then end up with the word "Text" on a line by itself.

I just can't seem to get anything to work. Is there an easy way to accomplish this with Applescript?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't have a solution for you but it might be better to use VBScript (Tools > Macro > Visual Basic Editor). I think you'll find that you have much more control over Excel using the built in scripting tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.