• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Christmas. No idea what to get my brother....

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good gift to get my brother. He isn't into gadgets like I am but is into unique items that he can use everyday. Last year I got him these xero sandals that were like sandals you could exercise in.

He is a health nut that likes to exercise and eat healthy, and he swears by carrying an aspirin around everyday for his heart health. I was thinking workout equipment but he is super picky about that stuff.

Suggestions welcome!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
He is a health nut that likes to exercise and eat healthy, and he swears by carrying an aspirin around everyday for his heart health. I was thinking workout equipment but he is super picky about that stuff.

Suggestions welcome!

An Apple Watch of course! If he's a health nut, he'll love it.

C

chas_m

Seconded, but of course he must be using an iPhone 5s or later, of course.

As a Watch owner, I can testify that the device motivates me to be more active and be more aware of my health. The logging of things like steps taken all the way to workouts really helps make them more meaningful to me, and while I'm not ripped and buff and whatnot I am healthier now than I was in August when I got mine in some important ways, and being able to see progress is important to me -- and not just in exercise! I'm also using an app for the iPhone now (nothing to do with the Watch) that monitors sleep cycles, which has played a more important role in keeping me on track than I would have thought.

Also I *love* being able to dictate or reply to messages and email on-the-go, use Apple Pay, and fill in those rings! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I have the Apple watch. If he's a serious health nut as you say he is, the Apple watch won't be a good option. It's more of a do-it-all, but not the best at one single thing when it comes to accurately monitoring health-related exercising and data. Works great for me though, because I don't need that much accuracy, and it still has many other uses that I love. Apple Pay is one of my favorite things, as well as being able to control the music playing via the iPhone and bluetooth speakers through the watch. That's really convenient when biking or running, or just when the phone is far from reach.

Reaction score
The apple watch is a great gift. I am thinking about one of those for my husband as well. If you are looking for something that could be useful to anyone that is conscientious about taking pills with them I would recommend this wallet. It is a wallet with a built in medication container that I found through facebook or google. Try to google it at :

Pill Pocket Wallet

It has a perfect pocket for carrying around medication. My husband has bad heartburn and this will surely make life easier on him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.