Configure my Logitech K400R

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 3.0 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3/Mac Mini 2.3GHz Intel i7 Quad Core 16RAM
I've been trying to get this keyboard to work with my MacMini OS El Capitan, so far everything seems fine, except the volume keys.

I've downloaded the Logitech Control Center for Mac and so far it doesn't recognize my device. I've turned they keyboard on and off, unplugged the USB, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm finding I constantly need to adjust the volume and this keyboard is running my home theater center, so it's a bit of a pain. #firstworldproblems

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
OP
cherry_bomb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 3.0 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3/Mac Mini 2.3GHz Intel i7 Quad Core 16RAM
I forgot I picked up an Apple Remote this weekend, is that something that would control the volume?

OP
cherry_bomb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep, that would be it! I like how you used allegedly. LOL

OP
cherry_bomb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The "unifying software" doesn't show it as pairing, and when I go into advanced, it shows it as a device in the menu, but it flashes between red and the keyboard icon. It also shows it as paired, even when flashing.

OP
cherry_bomb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anybody? ;D I purchased a new logitech keyboard, that is Apple compatible, but still won't let me adjust the volume like I could with the lame pc. Any thoughts?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Any thoughts?

Saw your post…but sorry…I don't have much experience with this Logitech keyboard. Have you tried contacting Logitech for assistance?

Also…Logietech also has their own "Support Community" (forum). You could check this out also.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
That keyboard doesn't seem to have very good reviews, even for Windows users and the Mac version for OS El Capitan seems to be worse.

So for a workaround, can you use the Volume in the menu and control the sound with it, or maybe even setup a separate and custom keyboard shortcut???

PS: As a longtime satisfied Logitech user, I'm finding some of their later hardware/software is not up to their old good standards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
PS: As a longtime satisfied Logitech user, I'm finding some of their later hardware/software is not up to their old good standards.

LOL, that's an understatement. I don't even trust their wired USB rodents any longer as they are cheaply built. The best Mac compatible keyboards are made by Matias. Not cheap but every bit as good as those old IBM heavy keyboards that we all used to love.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The best Mac compatible keyboards are made by Matias. Not cheap but every bit as good as those old IBM heavy keyboards that we all used to love.

Thanks for the link! Looks like they are "built like a tank". But they are pricey at $149 US. Good thing is they are USB. So at least for the forceable future…they should still be compatible with future portables & desktops.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Yup!! "Built like a tank" to withstand the great Canadian Northland!! ;)

But I am a bit surprised that they seem to have been a bit of an unknown product to you as they're known worldwide as excellent Mac keyboards and have been for years. :Cool:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But I am a bit surprised that they seem to have been a bit of an unknown product to you as they're known worldwide as excellent Mac keyboards and have been for years. :Cool:

The Chinese written language has been around for thousands of years. Still doesn't mean I know how to read Chinese!;)

Who knows. Maybe I did know about their keyboards and forgot. The older I get…the more I seem to feel I forget. Maybe you can sympathize.;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.