I've had my new Macbook Pro for less than a week

Reaction score
And already, I can see that it is so superior to my old Windows machine as to make Windows a joke.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...I can see that it is so superior to my old Windows machine...

In what way?:

- Build quality of the computer.
- Like the Mac OS.
- Better stability (less crashing).
- etc.

* Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP 13 Retina
Ya, I would like some context to that. What kind of Windows machine are you comparing it to? Like its age/generation, original cost etc.

I do believe when it comes to laptops, Macbooks are VERY nice! And I think hardware is Apples strongest point with their laptops. But there are still a lot of really nice Windows laptop machines too. But just saying one is superior to one another is just not simply true.

I use Windows for my desktop rig and my rMBP as a laptop and find neither superior...They're just different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
When I switched over four years ago, it was the OS which impressed and the lack of Microsoft prompting me what to do all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
When I switched over four years ago, it was the OS which impressed and the lack of Microsoft prompting me what to do all the time.

Hmmm…??? And now you just have and prefer Apple prompting you what to do all the time?? Interesting… ;)

Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. On Windows I could at least modify the OS to minimize the prompts. I do have to say though that OSX is less aggravating then Win8/Win10. If those were built with a desktop in mind I'm sure I'd like them but I'm not a fan of tiles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
What Apple prompts? I'm talking about that annoying worm (oops, paperclip) which was always bobbing up in Vista, the last Windows I used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP 13 Retina
While I didn't truly have too many problems with Vista, I don't think anyone would deny that Vista was a pretty bad operating system! lol It was bloated and heavy and wasn't a pleasure to use. After I think the second service pack it was decent but it was still...meh...

Macs have update prompts and restart notifications too...

Update.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.