login password different keyboard

Reaction score
I just bought a new Mac book air, I set up the Italia typewriter keyboard, then choose my password, after I change the keyboard settings to "British" it doesn't accept the login password anymore!
Does anyone knows how to reset the password? I couldn't actually use my new laptop.... Help! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am stumped. I hate to make any suggestions as I am not sure why you are having an issue. Maybe some of the others on the forum will have an idea or suggestion.

Lisa

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Erika, when you say after sleep it says the password is wrong what does actually say. Do you mean after sleep you enter the same password but the text box shakes from side to side as if it's wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Assuming you can log in initially (on start up) perhaps it would be better to try to change your password the old fashioned way. After initial login go to the Apple Menu top left, open System Preferences, go to Users & Groups, select yourself in the side bar and you should see change Password on the right, click that. Now if you are running the latest Operating System you will see a box asking if you would like to use your iCloud Password to log in. I would not choose this for security reasons. Click Change Password. Now you will need to enter your current password, if it's accepted all is good. Unfortunately you now need to think of a new password again. Personally, just as an idea I favour sentences. For example; Dad'sHairIsGrey. Or IDontLike3Fish. These are easy to remember, each new word starts with a capital letter but just as easily you could make each word end in a capital, they are hard to break but simple to write, adding a number makes them even harder to crack but don't use symbols.
Let us know if the above works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.