Another reason I'm glad I use an Ad-blocker

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
48 minutes! Like I said before Craig, we have to find you a daytime job or something else to do with your time. :p

OP
cradom
Reaction score
My vacation's almost over. It wont be long now...

But seriously, watch it.
And if you have an hour to kill I have a video about sugar.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I can't decipher a lot of what's happening there except to glean that it's seemingly very easy to do things using normal web functionality.

The metrics thing at the beginning was interesting and very easy. It would take little more than a few lines to get machine information and your location in a flash. That could easily be stored and sold to others. That in and of itself doesn't tell me much about you as a person but it is one small part of your presence on the web.

OP
cradom
Reaction score
I'm a little more worried about the five or so lines of code that can turn your browser into a DDos bot.
And here I thought you needed some sophisticated hacker-type stuff going on. All you need is a graphics advert and a little javascript.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.