Charger in China

Reaction score
Just verifying what the Mac store saleslady told me. So, The two-pronged plug for the Macbook charger will also fit in a Chinese plug (bought in US, live in China, going back tomorrow). The voltages are different. She said there is a differentiation built into the plug box, and that it will charge just fine. Correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
The charger will adapt to the 220V in China but the plug may need an adapter. In many areas, the Chinese socket require a 3 prong plug that resembles the Australian slated 2 prong plug with an added 3rd prong for a ground. This type of socket works like the British or Hong Kong 3 prong sockets. The male ground plug must be slightly longer than the other two prongs. This longer ground prong is necessary to trip the protector that lets the other 2 male prongs enter the socket.

So it will depend on what plug type is available in the area you will be in. When I was visiting in China, I had a kit full of different adapters. I was in several different areas and found different plug types in each. But my charger worked fine.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.