Hard shell case "catch"

Reaction score
So on my 15" Macbook Pro, I got the hard shell protector that they sell in the Mac store. There is a piece for the top, and the bottom. Well, when I open it, once the screen flips back to a certain point, the top part of the shell "catches" (for lack of a better word) a little bit, so that you feel a little "bump" in the opening. Is that normal? I do not want undue wear and tear.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is that normal?

It's probably normal for that case model. Different manufacturers do a better job designing their hard shell cases. If your hard shell case is "clicking", binding, rubbing against itself, etc. when you open it…it's probably a design flaw or a manufacturing flaw.

You could always return it…and try another one. But you may end up in the same place as you are now. The only other suggestion I can make is…try a different manufactures hard shell case (there are multiple suppliers). I know that you mentioned returning to China in another thread. If you don't have the time to do this now…do it when you get to China. I'm sure hard shell cases are sold in China as well (many are probably made there)!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.