Switched today never happier.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I bought a Macbook Pro, top of the line with all the upgrades. It is so superior to Windows machines, I actually feel like a sucker for using Windows for so long. It is so nice to be a part of the Mac family now, and a part of these forums. I am so happy with my purchase! I look forward to interacting with you all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Well done. be patient lerning the differences as OS X is not Windows. Keep coming back daily. Lots to learn here.

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forums! The learning curve is not that steep, but remember that this is NOT Windows, so be patient and learn how the OS X operating system gets things done. You don't need antivirus, cleaners, defragmenters, etc. The one maintenance tool we recommend is Onyx from www.titanium.fr (get the right version for your version of OS X), and the best malware cleaner is malwarebytes at their website. If you want to protect yourself against malware that might hijack your browser, try Ghostery or AdBlock+, or one called, I think, Privacy Badger or something like that. I use Ghostery and it blocks trackers, beacons, etc.

So spend some time learning the Mac way of operating before you try to turn OS X into Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.