iPad "media sync options"

Reaction score
I'm trying to update my iPad but iTunes tells me I need to change my "media sync options" to free up more storage. I have no clue what this means and can't find it in the help or a search on here. What do I do? Thanks for any help!

C

chas_m

Stop syncing so much media (songs, photos, videos) to your iPad. There's not enough space on the device left to copy over everything you've told it to sync.

Does that make it any clearer?

OP
R
Reaction score
Stop syncing so much media (songs, photos, videos) to your iPad. There's not enough space on the device left to copy over everything you've told it to sync.

Does that make it any clearer?

I'm not syncing anything that I know of. Where is this controlled? On my iPad or computer? Thanks!

C

chas_m

It's controlled by iTunes on your computer. Plug your iPad in using the USB cable, then open iTunes and click on the device in the upper left area to see and manage it.

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 2.11.41 AM.jpg

OP
R
Reaction score
media sync options

It's controlled by iTunes on your computer. Plug your iPad in using the USB cable, then open iTunes and click on the device in the upper left area to see and manage it.

View attachment 23119

Did that. Wasn't syncing anything, but deleted some apps and the update was able to proceed. Thanks for telling me how to get to it.

Reaction score
Changing media sync options

I have the same problem as another person on this thread. My iPad in settings under "managing storage" says I have most of my storage in "synced from iTunes library "but I can't find where on iTunes or my iPad how to get rid of it. Chas's picture just shows the iPad icon when it's plugged in to iTunes. But what do you do after that to stop the synching?
thanks,
Stetson

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have the same problem as another person on this thread.

Just so that you're aware, is almost two years old and a lot of things have changed in the Mac OS worlds since then.

You may want to post again or start a new one and include your devices specs and what your question actually is and what you're wanting to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.