• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Which Movie you are going to see on this weekend?

Reaction score
So guys which movie you are going to watch on this weekend. There are almost five new movies that is going to release on this weekend. First is biography movie that is based on the apple co founder steve jobs life. Firstly steve jobs receives the limited release in United States and from the limited release its make the various records. Now it’s all set to fully release in North America. Second the Vin diesel starter action adventure movie The Last Witch hunter, third is Bill Murray starter comedy movie Rock the Kasbah, fourth is new chapter of the famous horror movies franchise Paranormal Activity- Paranormal Activity The Ghost Dimension and last is Universal Studios music based movie Jem and Holograms. S guys from the following movie which movie you are going to watch. And after saw the movie you can share your reviews here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Don't go to many movies. Most recently, saw War Room. Thought it was excellent.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Sorry Ellison, as far as films (movies) are concerned, I'm a complete waste of space. In the UK, "going to the pictures" as we say (although we are becoming more American every day, so movies), is really expensive relative to other enjoyments and the sound levels are ear-splitting. Mind you, the high sound level, although painful, does have the advantage of masking the noise coming from the popcorn munchers and the coke slurpers. And then the "top hit films" seem to depend on eye watering 3D graphics and gratuitous violence.

Does this sound like an oldie? Well, I am oldish and I don't mean all of that....but most of it!:Mischievous:

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Along with what Ian mentioned. We don't go to the movies/pictures very often. And when we do…it certainly isn't for a new release. New release weekends are just a zoo. Too many rude people, too many cell phones ringing, too many folks "playing" with their cellphone in a dark theater…etc. etc.

But basically…too much a "zoo" on a new release weekend. Give it a couple weeks. Then I'll go.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nor do I the rubbish that is served up. Got to be 25 or more years and as for the prices Yow ~ buy the DVD cheaper!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just got the new Jurassic Park Blu-Ray a few days ago. So I'm sure I'll settle in to watch it sometime this weekend.

And I will have it pumping through the surround sound system at a heart pounding volume level. :)

Like my movies the way I like my music - like I'm sitting in the room between the musicians.

May even drag my chair a few feet closer to the TV.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just got the new Jurassic Park Blu-Ray a few days ago. So I'm sure I'll settle in to watch it sometime this weekend.

Hey Tom. I saw Jurassic World already. It was pretty good. Sometimes "sequel movies" (especially the 3rd or 4th sequel)…can be real "stinkers". But I was pleasantly surprised & it was better than I expected.

When you get a chance to watch it…enjoy!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I usually wait until it comes out on DVD, unless the special effects and the story interest me. Last one was Everest, which mainly sucked on both levels. I'm thinking about seeing The Walk this weekend, but still recovering from spending $45 on Everest and feeling gun-shy right now. Most likely, I'll rake leaves and then continue with my Fringe marathon binge on Netflix.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey guys, I've got some classic Abbot and Costello movies you can watch at my place if you can make the trip here. Bring your own popcorn! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And I got the complete set of The Three Stooges for the more intellectual amongst us. No beer allowed.

For Anglophiles I got the complete set of 'Allo 'Allo!

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
'Allo 'Allo; I'm on my way Harry! Can't get better than that.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey guys, I've got some classic Abbot and Costello movies you can watch at my place if you can make the trip here. Bring your own popcorn! ;P

And I got the complete set of The Three Stooges for the more intellectual amongst us. No beer allowed.

For Anglophiles I got the complete set of 'Allo 'Allo!

If I show up at your door…you better not turn me away!;)

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I may just have to take both of you up on that also. I've been wanting to get the Abbot and Costello movies. I can add a collection of Ma & Pa Kettle to the mix.

If you're up for old time Saturday afternoon matinees, I have complete collections of Tarzan (Weismuller, Barker, Scott, et al), Hopalong Cassidy, Errol Flynn, and of course plenty of Wayne, Randolph Scott and a few others - or a little more modern Have Gun Will Travel or Fess Parker's Daniel Boone.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I may just have to take both of you up on that also. I've been wanting to get the Abbot and Costello movies. I can add a collection of Ma & Pa Kettle to the mix.

If you're up for old time Saturday afternoon matinees, I have complete collections of Tarzan (Weismuller, Barker, Scott, et al), Hopalong Cassidy, Errol Flynn, and of course plenty of Wayne, Randolph Scott and a few others - or a little more modern Have Gun Will Travel or Fess Parker's Daniel Boone.

Do you have cable TV and get the "TCM" channel (Turner Classic Movies)? This is probably the single cable channel I watch the most. If you don't know about it…it's a "free" channel (that you don't pay extra for like HBO, Cinemax, Stars, etc.).

Movies are anything from silent films of the 1920's…to (primary content) of movies from the 1930's-1960's. With some movies from the 70's, 80's, 90's (but not many or too often).

The biggest bonus (other than the older movie content). Is it's commercial free during the length of the movie.:)

A great channel to DVR stuff too.:)

- Nick

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
+1 for TCM. We get it in the UK as well. It's great, I agree.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
+1 for TCM. We get it in the UK as well. It's great, I agree.

Quite a few movies/pictures on TCM both from the UK and US studios/directors. I enjoy quite a few of the UK made pictures from the 1930's as well as WW2 pictures…with actors like Alec Guinness, James Mason, Leslie Howard, Laurence Olivier, Trevor Howard, David Niven.

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Another +1 for TCM here. Although we do have to pay for a river of service which includes several channels we never watch to get it.

Been a fan of Robert Osbourne since he was hosing movies on AMC (eons ago when they ran movies the way TCM does now).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not really a very big fan of the silent movies. Other than to see some well known actors in their younger/earlier days. Sometimes TCM will go on a "silent movie marathon" binge…and then I go thru withdrawal of sorts!;)

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Same here. Though there are a few silent movies I've watched and liked.

The fun thing for me about TCM is seeing people I remember in TV shows / ads as a kid in movie roles that pre-dated their TV personas (Lucile Ball, Irene Ryan, etc).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same here. Though there are a few silent movies I've watched and liked.

Yes I've watched some. But silent movies are like movies with subtitles…requires wayyy too much focus to enjoy them. Many times I have TCM on the tv…and I'm on the computer (Mac-Forums) replying to threads…or playing online games. Can't enjoy both with silent films or subtitled films.;)

Pretty much the ONLY subtitled films I routinely give 100% focus to are the Akira Kurosawa movies.:)

The fun thing for me about TCM is seeing people I remember in TV shows / ads as a kid in movie roles that pre-dated their TV personas (Lucile Ball, Irene Ryan, etc).

Exactly! A lot of fun seeing folks in their VERY early acting careers…and then were still in films or TV until the 60's, 70's, or 80's. Examples that come to mind are:

- Neil Hamilton (Commissioner Gordon on the Batman TV show).
- Ralph Bellamy & Don Ameche (played the "old rich guys" in Trading Places with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy)
- Ruth Gordon (played "Mom" in the Clint Eastwood Every Which Way But Loose movies).
- Angela Lansbury
- Early John Wayne of course.
- John Carradine (Kung Fu & Kill's Bill David Carradine's dad)
- Henry Fonda
- and others

* Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.