Issues with iTunes database corruption

Reaction score
Hello community,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, particularly as I'm currently running iTunes on a Windows machine, but...

Over the last couple of years my iTunes instillation has become increasingly dysfunctional, specifically re: how it deals with podcasts.

• when switching to the podcast view, deleting podcast episodes, or refreshing my subscriptions, iTunes hangs... for ~10 seconds.
  • podcast subscriptions regularly generate error icons, and won't access new episodes until I manually unsubscribe and then resubscribe
    podcast2.jpg
  • other podcasts, while remaining listed in my podcast view, have lost all of their episodes. Usually I can find these over in my music library, where they still seem to appear as podcasts, but refuse to be moved into the podcast library. For example:
    podcast.jpg

My iTunes library is probably 15 years old, and has migrated over ~5 computers in that time. It's also large; I have 280 GB of podcasts alone. So I'm not surprised that it would have picked up some problems along the way, but various attempts to fix them myself have failed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.