• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mac Book Pro 15 in

Reaction score
I here big changes for 2016 for the 15 in Mac Book Pro. Should I buy a 2015 for a few hundred cheaper. This will be my first Mac. I don't do anything special with my lap tops Just like a nice computer. Sick of windows.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If there are big changes for the MacBook Pro in 2016…I guess we will have to wait & see what those big changes are when they happen…then we can decide. No crystal balls here to see what those changes are.;)

The real consideration is…how quickly do you need/want a MacBook Pro? If you can wait…wait. If can't wait…then a 2015 MacBook Pro will have to suffice.

In 2016 someone will say…I hear there are big changes for the MacBook Pro in 2017 (should I buy now or wait). And in 2017 someone will say…I hear there are big changes for the MacBook Pro in 2018 (should I buy now or wait). And so on and so on. And the answer will be the same.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 iMac 27, 4Ghz i7, 1TB SSD, 32GB, M395X, Pegasus R4, 2015 MPB, 2x 2013 MacBook Air 13s
I have a 2015 top-spec retina MBP, plus a 2013 MacBook Air and 2013 and 2015 iMac 27 (I'm a video editor). The 2015 MBP is very good, and if it's your only computer it's better than a MacBook Air. It has good battery life and the retina screen is great. The force touch trackpad is a nice improvement. That said, if you don't need the 15 inch screen a top-spec MacBook Air is very nice and a lot thinner and lighter. If you don't need portability a 21.5 or 27-inch iMac is probably a better fit.

But if you just want to start with Apple on the 15" 2015 MBP, you won't be disappointed. It is very refined -- every little detail is "just so".

OS X is very nice but try to have balanced expectations; it has some bugs like all other software. It does have a few major advantages such as updates are much faster and less intrusive than Windows, also the entire OS can be re-installed while retaining all your apps (no registry).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.