Transferring pics from a flash drive to my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB
A guy I work with gave me a flash drive of a job we did so I could install the pictures on my iMac. I put the flash drive in a USB port on the back of the iMac and the drive icon appeared on the screen. I opened it and a list of the picture addresses appeared. I must have made some kind of mistake, thinking that I did have them saved I forgot to eject the flash. Now when I install the flash and open it I see the title of the pictures at the top but when I click on it nothing shows up and the title disappears? I know that he has the pics on his main computer at work so they are not lost but I am! Another case of me thinking I know what I am doing!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Yeh, the flash drive has to be ejected properly. If it is still writing or reading and not ejected in the proper manner Data curruption can occur. It sounds as though this is what has happend to your drive.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Gandalph, I am going to take the flash drive back to work tomorrow and have him put the pics back on it. Is there a way to learn how to transfer the pics to my iMac properly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi wornslick.

The best way to do it is doing it the same way as you would with an SD card.

Open up Photo's when the App has mounted, put in the flash drive. It should then give you the same options to Import the pictures as it would with an SD Card. Just click on 'Import selected" and you should be good to go. HTH.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Gandalph! I will give it ago tommorow.

Reaction score
On Macs, when you want to eject a USB media, right-click it and select Eject. This verifies it can be safely removed.

As well, to copy files from a USB, just drag and drop them where you want them. A copy files dialogue will appear to indicate it is doing the copying.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got them installed on the Mac but had to call Applecare to learn how to make them into a album/slideshow. Thanks for all the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pleased you got it sorted in the end. I'll bet it was easier than you thought to boot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.