Combine audio tracks on ITUNES 12.3 on OS X 10.11

C

chas_m

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by "combine" audio tracks? Do you mean join them together so there's no gap, as with a live recording?

OP
D
Reaction score
A better word may be "Join" so one tract plays after another.... Everyone is surprisingly quiet on this since iTunes 12.3 and the new OSX. This has been a feature available on iTunes for very long time and I don't know if it's gone forever.

C

chas_m

A cursory exploration would suggest that it has been removed in this version, though that does not always mean it is gone forever. Use the feedback button in iTunes are report it as an issue. I confess I never used it as I don't have many live albums but I can certainly see its usefulness.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If The tracks you are trying to join are coming from a CD give this tip a try. If it's from something other than a CD you will need third-party software. There are a number of apps that can do this including Audacity-- the free audio editor. Interface wise it's not my first choice but it's free. This utility should work but I haven't tried it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2012 MBP - 13" i5 3210M, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 500GB storage (in place of optical).
mkay im going to go for it...

even though im still confused as to what your after but here goes nothing

if you want a playlist like deal, then just find that song in ANY list that it is in. hover over the name, and on the right side of the title will be a circle with 3 dots inside. click that and select (add to up next [or] play next). now if you just want the whole library to roll like a fat kid down a hill then hit play, then next to the CD cover in the top is the shuffle button. im doing that now at work, so i know its on my mid-2012 MBP that is running Yosemite.

any other info on your part could help us.

C

chas_m

disturbed: what the OP is referring to is the ability (seen in previous versions of iTunes) to "join" tracks together so that they always play together (aren't broken up into individual songs) and there is absolutely NO gap between the tracks, nor any "cross fade." This is only important if you are listening to, for example, a live album, where you don't want a gap in the applause nor the jarring effect of applause being cross-faded. There are some other occasions where it is handy (audiobooks might be another example), but it's not widely used outside of those particularly examples.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I have tracks in the library not on CD id like to join. is there a way to do it?

M

MacInWin

You might be better served by starting a new thread instead of awaking a zombie thread from two years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.